The Riverside County Office of Vital Records may sell birth records for a birth which occurred within the County of Riverside during the current year or previous year.
To request a certified copy of a birth certificate by mail, you will need to provide the following information:
- Child's full name as stated on the birth certificate
- Child's date of birth
- Child's place of birth
- The mother's full maiden name
If requesting a Certified Copy, you will have to sign the sworn statement in the presence of a licensed Notary Public.
The fee for a birth record search or certified copy is: $28.00
California Health and Safety Code §103650 states a fee must be collected before a search is made whether or not the record is found.
We accept personal checks and money orders, with the following restrictions:
- No third party checks or money orders are accepted. The name on the check must match the name of the applicant.
- If it is a personal check, it must be pre-printed with the check holder's information.
- Check or money order is to be made payable to: County of Riverside.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH WHEN ORDERING BY MAIL
Check or money order is to be made payable to: County of Riverside.
FORMS & INSTRUCTIONS
The application and sworn statement can be printed from our Web site. If you do not have access to a printer you can contact us at (951) 358-5068 or e-mail us to have an application mailed to you.
Once you have completed the application and the sworn statement has been notarized, please mail your request with the appropriate fees to:
P.O. Box 7600
Riverside, CA 92513-7600
If you need to speak with a Vital Records staff member, please call (951) 358-5068 or e-mail us.